- When people tell me how much Avery looks like "a Purse" (not the accessory--Purse is my maiden name). We have the same eyes. We have the same chin. When we smile our upper lip practically disappears. In as much as Geneva is "a Jones," Avery is "a Purse." I love that we have one of each! (Obviously, I need to have more pictures of the two of us taken if this is the "best" one I could find!)
- The reality show, Top Chef on Bravo... and is it just me or is there some new layer of sexiness to top judge Tom Colicchio this season? I'm not sure what it is. Yes, I see that he is bald (probably not by choice) and also on the pudgy side... I can't explain the subtle attraction, so I wont try. And by the way, 'question for those of you who caught the season premier last week... What's with the apple-peeling challenge? Can you think of one mom with kids in the 1-5 year range that couldn't kick all those chefs' booties when it comes to peeling apples??? I'm just saying.
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie (not soon to be featured on Top Chef--but SUPER delicious):
2 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
1 cup sauteed, sliced carrots
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 can cream of chicken condensed soup
1 can chicken broth
1 1/2 cups Bisquick
3/4 cup milk
1/2 stick of butter, melted
In a 2-quart casserole dish, combine the first three ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix the soups into your "sauce" and pour into the dish. Mix the Bisquick with milk into your "dough" and spread over the top. Finish with the melted butter and bake at 350 for 60 minutes.
- Adele's song Chasing Pavements. I love this song. I love this video (even though I'm not sure I totally "get it"). I was pulling into the garage this morning when the song came on. I had just dropped Geneva at school and Avery was in the car with me. I turned the engine off and was listening (ok... singing) to the song when she said, "No Mama. OUT." Note to self: No more karaoke.
- The seriousness of Kitchen Floor Ballet performances in our household.
- Diet Coke in the can. (I know I shouldn't... but I can't help it!)
- Papa Murphy's "Meat" pizza. Not just for the convenience folks! This is damn GOOD pizza people. (And again, I know I shouldn't... but I just can't help it.)
- 30 Rock. I can not believe I am just jumping on this wagon. Genius.
- Geneva's thankfulness. Her gymnastics class got to make prints on a huge poster yesterday durning class. Her teacher, Brian, asked each student what they were thankful for. Geneva's response: the trampoline and her friend Natalie. Sweet girl.
- Not having to pump my gas. Seriously, I love so many things about Oregon and this is at the top of the list.
- Reporting with confidence that I now have only one child in diapers. Geneva has been diaper and pull-up free for over a month now. No accidents** (not even at night)! So exciting and a little bittersweet.
- Sharing my life with this man. (I hope that doesn't make you want to barf or something!)