pinned. I adjusted the recipe slightly because I had half a head of cauliflower on-hand and wanted to not let it go to waste. I'm sure the recipe would be just as delicious without the cauliflower. In addition, it would be tasty with other veggies subbed or added as well (asparagus, broccoli, red onions, carrots). I served these roasted veggies on the side of mini meatloaves (that I've loved making lately in my cupcake tin). You could easily prep the dish ahead of time and leave the ziplock in the refrigerator until you're ready to roast.
Roasted Green Beans + Mushrooms + Cauliflower
What you need:
8-10 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and sliced 1/2 inch thick (I used precut crimini)
1 pound green beans, trimmed (I used pre-trimmed french beans)
1/2 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
1.5 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
1 - 1.5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper, to taste
(The original recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese. I forgot to add this. The result was quite tasty without it.)
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 450F.
2. Place your veggies in a gallon-sized ziplock bag.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together your oil and vinegar.
4. Pour the vinaigrette into the bag and seal. Shake and move the veggies around until coated.
5. Spread the vegetables out on a rimmed baking sheet.
6. Roast 20-30 minutes, turning halfway through and testing for doneness at 20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and season with salt and pepper (add the parmesan at this point).