Pork Tenderloin Medallions + Blistered Broccolini
(via Cooking Light, May 2015 issue)
What you need:
about 1 pound broccolini
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, cut into 8 slices
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
What to do:
- Preheat broiler to hight.
- Arrange broccolini in a single layer on a jelly-roll or rimmed baking pan; coat with cooking spray. Broil 8 minutes, carefully turning after 5 minutes. Set aside and squeeze lemon juice on top.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle pork with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove pork from pan.
- Remove pan from heat. Add reamaning 1 tablespoon oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and vinegar to pan, scrape pan with a wooden spatula to loosen browned bits. Drizzle sauce over pork and broccolini. Serve with optional extra lemon.