This one is a triple threat: inexpensive, easy, and delicious! I'm not sure where the original recipe came from. This was in one of the "sets" of freeze-ahead meals that my friend Gretchen and I send each other. My family has enjoyed this meal no less than 3 times in the last 3 months and it always delights!
(Crock Pot) Mongolian Beef
What you need:
2 pounds stew meat
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion, thickly sliced
1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon fresh ginger (you can substitute the grated ginger from the squeeze tube)
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
What to do if you're making it for NOW:
1. Place all the ingredients into the crock pot.
2. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
3. Serve over rice with a side of veggies.
1. Write on a gallon-sized freezer bag: "Mongolian Beef, Cook on LOW 6-8 hours, serve over rice with a vegetable side".
2. Place all the ingredients into the bag.
3. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before cooking.